Saturday 25 October 2008

Not so Perfect Today

I have just been informed that I can expect visitors today.  Arghhh!   

Wanted to chill out a bit today because of this flu and rickety joint stuff.  Now I have to tidy up.   Tidying up makes me really grumpy.  Ironing even worse!!     Do you ever have that feeling of dread, knowing that there ain't enough hours in the day to accomplish these tasks satisfactorily?   I shall have to stop watching Wisteria Lane and that Bree woman!!  

Some people are just natural hosts and just so,so organised.  I'm not either, but still people want to come.  Someone once told me that my house is homely and welcoming!!!!  (I did nearly choke on my tea at the time!)    Can't think where they get that from.   lol    Is all the media's fault.  I'll blame them today.  lol  Perfect homes, nothing out of place is how it should be!!  I have been brainwashed!!!   Sigh.  mutter, mutter.  Where's me Shake n Vac?........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathies - and I hope the visit goes well. :) xx

Brad said...

Well, let's start by looking atthe mental make up of people like Bree. There's something wrong with those people who live in perfect houses.

And I bet they don't have ANY fun either.

Carlotta said...

Am sitting here with my face covered in green and red Halloween makeup and dear dear Dh has just announced that a rather glamorous (female)neighbour friend of his is coming round.

I guess I should be grateful that I've remembered I've got all this stuff on. I have already twice opened the door to people without remembering that DD had doctored my face. Luckily both people knew me well, or I suspect I would be in some unit by now.

By which I mean to say, I too offer you my sympathies and hope you're feeling better!

ergh must wipe this off...

Minnie said...

Hi Debs. Yeah, it went ok. I get myself in a flap too easily. The visitors in question don't like cats...and I have my little pride of mogs, who were very well behaved have to say!! Woo hoo!! I should follow my own advice and chill out! lol I managed to make a warming veg soup and caremalised apple crumble and custard for my visitors, which everyone ate up:o))

stefndawniy said...

sounds lovely
Well homely with lots of cats works for me ;-)