Tuesday 24 July 2012

Let Me Depress You a Little

Do you ever fret about what will happen once you depart this life?  I mean, to those you leave behind.

I do.

I haven't felt that I'm 'long for this earth' for a while.   Illness gets you like that.....Especially when you have a 'bad episode' and pain renders you useless..

So, what plops on the doormat this morning?  Michael Parkinson and his life policy.  The one where you get a lump sum paid on your demise.   The relatives spend it as they wish.   Joke.    Actually, it can be used to 'funeral' you, if that's what you desire.  You even get a 'free gift..before you 'pass on'.   16 inch led tv, little camcorder, sat nav, etc.  Personally, I'd go for the £75 Marks and Sparks vouchers.  Junior agrees, so if I were to take this policy out we would be straight off to their food department, clutching afore-mentioned vouchers!  lol

Then, there's a will to sort out.   Don't want anybody fighting over my costume jewellery and crochet hooks.

Depressing, but these things have to be sorted.  Taking early retirement makes you think of these things. 

Tell you, this getting old lark...not for the faint hearted.

It's not all doom and gloom.  Also in the post, to Junior's delight, was a 'Subway' promotion leaflet with lots of free meal vouchers.  She and Son no 1 are unashamed Subbers.

Back to  it.   At my 'Do'....wear bright clothes, tell jokes and play me out to Status Quo!

No comments: