I've been tagged, courtesy of Gill and have to let rip to the world eight random facts about myself.
This is probably harder than it seems but, here goes....
1. I can't swim. Wish I could, but I can't. As a small child (pre ever going near or knowing about swimming baths) I remember having a dream about being alone in a rowing boat, without oars, in very deep water with not a sight of land, person or animal and it's always haunted me. So, even nowadays, going near deep water gives me the shivers! I've tried swimming lessons many times, but I can't get past the 'letting go of gripping the side of the pool' stage. Anyway, you wouldn't want to see me in a swimming costume, trust me!!!
2. I hate minimalism. Boring. I just don't get it...neither does Junior. Atta girl:o) I wish I was more organised, though. I should try harder at that as I'm a tad forgetful and absent-minded of late. lol
3. Don't ever try and pin me down to a timetable or routine 'cos I'll get really ratty...which sort of contradicts the above wish. 'Tis the Gemini air sign in me. You have no idea what a pain it can be sometimes, having this twin sign. My sister is notoriously indecisive. It once took her eighteen months to choose a sofa!!!
4. I met the love of my life when I was nine. Sadly, he's not around physically but occupies a fair part of the old heart:o)
5. I was saved from serious illness and possible death by herbal and Traditional Chinese Medicine. It was a scary time then, but the TCM practitioner told me to have faith in the 'medicine'. People shouldn't poo poo it because 'alternative' medicine can work.
6. I like hugs. My parents weren't very tactile which maybe explains why I am!!
7. When I passed my driving test, I immediately drove 100 miles up the motorway to tell my parents:o) I figured that if I didn't do it there and then, then I would never find the courage again. It was the best thing I did because I've driven all over the place since. My sister passed her test before me and has never driven on any motorway, just work and back...all of one mile.
8. I cry at the drop of a hat. Very embarassing.
The Rules and who I tag.
1. Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.
5. For the recipients, leave a comment for the person who tagged you, so they can go and read your answers.
Oooooo! Who to tag? All this people have caring hearts:o)
1. Dawny She's just lost a friend so I feel it's a bit inappropriate to tell her she's tagged at this moment in time. I'll wait until she does another post.
5. Brad - his blog is private at the mo I think.