Friday 16 September 2011

I am Pogged.....but Happy:o)

Pear and Almond cake, Chilli Prawns laid on a bed of fragrant cous cous, Bread, Stuffed Peppers on the afore-mentioned cous cous..and Fish n Chips...n peas!!!. (Peas are a very good addition to my 'ammo' when it comes to 'booting' unsuspecting cats off my bed...if you get my meaning? lol) Trouble is...Junior's appetitie is bigger than mine....which is extraordinary...seeing as I am the size of the Incredible Hulk and she is...well.....little:o) Sigh.


Pear and Almond Cale . Another is in the freezer for later consumption. She presents me with all these LOVELY dishes....and I think...."I am stuffed from the previous offering". Still....it all tastes GOOD!!!! lol And...she wants to do this for a career.....so I am guinea pig...for the mo.
The Prize wimming herbs:o) Bit jaded now.





So, while I waddle about, trying to discretely exercise... lol.......I chucked out all the tomato and pepper plants! Can't believe all the hassle I went through.. plus expense of compost...and I only got about 2lbs worth of fruit! Arghhhh... Blumming greenfly!! Next year, I will get a green house and not rely on the lean-to aka mogs den! lol

Our v nice neighbour gave us some damsons. They were lovely..very citrussy. Trouble is, they go off very so easily. Shame. Next time shall bottle them pronto! We have a windfall of apples to make use of and so I feel an apple-chilli jam coming on:o)


What other news? Oh yes. Guess who won FIRST PRIZE at the local garden club for Best Display Of Herbs? ....Best Elvis voice.....Thank you very much..... I get a mention in the local rag and FIVE POUNDS prize money!! I am so bloody good! lol Yipppeeee.....John Innes compost seller, here I come!!!!! I would like to thank Rosemary, Lavandula and Chives for all their help:o) xxx


Cute, gratuitous shot. Henry, hi-jacking the 'not for long' empty washing basket...again...

No comments: